Monday, January 28, 2008

Take a look around

Maybe you think, that religion does not play a role for your daily life.Please look around to search for religious footsteps and Christian fingerprints and write on the blog about the signs you found.


Ella Myhring


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our teacher of RE told us that Jesus loved children. When I see a child smiling, it's like I see Jesus blessing me and giving me hope for the future.
Anna

TheBibleLegacyAcrossGenerations said...

You're right Anna, smiles are a reflection of the Love of God planted in human hearts.
But there are many more signs of God around us. Compassion, Truth, Justice, Forgiveness are just some of them. even the way you greet people and say goodbye to them shows concern for them. That is a reflection of Jesus'love for all.
congratulations for the work done in this project. I am leaving you here the link to another eTwinning project that has some points in common with your project.
http://acrossthebibleportugal.blogspot.com/
http://www2.edu.fi/magazinefactory/magazines/ATBibleEu/index.php
acrossbiblept@gmail.com
Teresa F.

Anonymous said...

Here in Denmark we do use many Christian names like Maria, Peter, Adam. Jesus, Eva, Christian, Abel, Johannes, Noa, Gabriel, Sara. We also have many symbols from our religion like the cross, the church, celebrating Christmas, the star on top of the Christmas treee.

Anonymous said...

The Ten Commandments

1. You can’t have other Gods.
2. It's not supposed to say something bad about gods’ name.
3. You must keep the holidays holly.
4. You must honour your mom and dad.
5. You are not allowed to kill.
6. You are not allowed to break a marriage.
7. You are not allowed to steal or cheat.
8. You can’t give a wrong answer to witness somebody.
9. You may not desire your next wife.
10. You can’t desire other peoples wives.


This is the ten bids which are made by the Catholic peoples. These Commandments are made to keep peace in the world because if there weren’t the Ten Commandments there would be chaos all over the world. The ten bids are made by God, but there are a lot of people who doesn’t believe that he exists.

Anonymous said...

Here are some Christian names:

Jesus, Peter, Maria, Sara, Josef, Moses, Gabriel, Noa, Isak, Paulus, Johannes, Lukas, Judas, Jakob, Adam, Eva, Kain, Abel, Abraham.
In Denmark we use some of the names, fx: Maria, Peter, Noa and Lukas.
I think its okay to use the Christian names, and the names remember us about our faith.
In Denmark have we also a church in many small towns.

Anonymous said...

In Denmark your faith can be showed by some religious symbols. The symbols can be some different things, like the way to say, “Oh My God!”… The faith you can also find in buildings – Churches and the belonging churchyards, because there are many thing that symbolizes God, like the cross, the symbol of the belief in Jesus, his resurrection, and there also many icons and pretty murals.

Anonymous said...

Many people get the cross to their christening or in confirmations-presents, it is cool to have the cross.
Christmas is celebrating Jesus’ birth, the star on the top of the tree=the star which glowed over Bethlehem and the presents=the presents to Jesus from the 3 Kings of wisdoms. We go to church-when it has service, at Christmas, weddings, christening, confirmations and funeral. Ours law and upbringing are build on The Ten Commandments.

Anonymous said...

Why do we have to search for God’s signs around us? Yesterday I read something very nice in a newspaper: “An Iranean poet, Mevlana Jelaledin Rumi, said about God: I looked everywhere, but he wasn’t there. And then I looked into my heart. I saw him there. He was there and nowhere else”.

Anonymous said...

I believe that God appears very often around us, helps us and gives us strength to continue to live, especially if someone of our beloved steps away.

Anonymous said...

When I look around me and I see the harmony, I believe that God stands by me. When I see a baby born, I think that this is a gift from God. When I pray, I feel that God is by me and listen to me carefully. When people change to the better, it’s God’s love which made them to succeed it.
Fotini

Anonymous said...

I think that most people look for God’s presence only when something serious happens to them or someone very close to them. Lately I had an accident, I broke my leg. I spent many time out of school, visiting hospitals and doctors. This had a very negative impact on me. But when everything was over and I was health again, I realized that it was God who helped me overcome this bad situation, as he helps anyone who prays to him.