
Dear pupils, religion plays an important role,more or less, in our lives. Here we all would like to share ideas about our beliefs and about faith. What does faith mean for each of you personally?Have you heard any stories about faith in your local society? Can you share them with us?
20 comments:
Trying to find an answer to this question, I have found this story in the web and I'd like to share it with you.
The Daedelus Project brought together students, faculty, and alumni, from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) to push the limits of human-powered flight. They built a light-weight (68.5 pounds) aircraft out of polystyrene foam, graphite strips, Mylar plastic and aluminum. Bicycle pedals supplied the power and the rudder, elevator and pitch propeller were controlled by hand. The team hoped to break the world's record (22 miles set in 1979 over the English Channel), learn more about human endurance, and increase interest in energy-efficient aircraft.The record-setting flight took place on April 23, 1988, lasting three hours 54 minutes. After 72.44 miles, gusty winds snapped the tail boom as the pilot tried to position the craft to land. So, the Daedalus ended in the water just 100 feet short of Santorini's black sand beach. The pilot swam ashore.
Fourteen-time Greek champion cyclist Kanellos Kanellopoulos piloted the grueling, record-breaking flight. Years later, a journalist, asked Kanellopoulos how he got through the super-human feat.
"'St. Nicholas,' he said without hesitation. "Who?",the journalist asked again, knowing he couldn't mean Santa Claus.
"'When I was a year old, my father brought me to a small village to kiss the icon of the miraculous St. Nicholas.'
"'And what did that have to do with your flight of the Daedalus?' the journalist asked.
"He turned toward him, pulled down his glasses and looked him in the eye, 'He is the protector of sailors, saints and those that travel over the seas.'"
Faith is something very important for all of us.In case you haven't noticed it,our life would be meanless and boring because we wouldn't have limits(in our behaviour etc).
In my opinion, faith is the need of people to believe in something.
aaaaaah, faith is a very important thing for all of us.It is something or maybe the only thing that keeps us in life and give us hope to keep on.....without it we would be hopeless and misserable, knowing that we all going to be die alone.............
Faith is a mystery thing.As for stories of faith about my local society they are big in length and i cant post them in a small comment like this one.
For me, faith is something very special.Faith is about giving,receiving,thanking and forgiving.
IN MY OPINION FAITH IS A SECRET POWER THAT IS HIDED DEP IN OUR MIND.I THINK THAT IT'S A LITTLE DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE AT SOMETHING INDEFINITE.
I realy dont belive in Jesus / God. Because I haven’t seem them. But how would life get started then. That’s the big question one can not answer.
Kasper
I think faith is a good thing we have because if there was no faith. it will be boring.
Lasse
The important thing for me about faith is when I am together with my family for instance at Christmas and Confirmation.
I don’t think faith is that important I am not really that much of a believer but I don’t think I have a boring life. .
Most of the people I know are not that much Christians at all and many people of my friends were only baptised because of the gifts
To me faith is important since I have something to believe in. When I said yes at my confirmation I could feel that I was denying the devil and swore my faith to god.
My confirmation was a great day for me. The presents didn’t matter much; it was more like the whole day that was great, with my family and friends celebrating the day.
The day was filled with speeches, songs and random entertainment and of course very tasty food. It is a day I will remember for a very long time.
To me it means believing in something. It is something you can share with others. Like going to church and being with others that share it with you.
Faith is important to many peoples its not like realy important for us but its still good to have the faith, Cause without faith you wouldnt have anything to believe in. So faith is a important thing.
I don't agree with all the ohter students, faith does'nt mean #%"@ for me. I was not confirmed like all the ohters in the class (exept one). Do you really belive all the thing that you say yes to when you get confirmed? If no you would live on a lie - but that is my opinion.I think religion is a bad because it is a reason that there is much killings and hate ind the world. Have you thought about that?
Faith is important. you have to have faith, Faith In the decisions you and the people around you make.
Faith can also mean something religious. But neither of us are very religious.
Faith can also be something very important when going through difficult times. It is often easy to lose faith.
I don´t belive so must in god. but I think that you must have something to belive in, your mom, dad or god. just belive in something is a good thing.
Faith. Hm. Faith is a good thing.
Faith it's a great thing..
I dont know.
Post a Comment